You’re looking for a good deal on a hotel. We get it. But how do you know which hotels offer the best value? And how can you be sure you’re getting a good deal?
It can be tough to find a great cheap hotel, but it’s definitely not impossible. In fact, we’ve got a few tips for you that will help make the process a whole lot easier. So whether you’re on a tight budget or simply looking for a good deal, read on for some advice on finding amazing cheap hotels.
Where to Find Cheap Hotels
There are a few ways to find cheap hotels. You can use online travel agencies (OTAs) like Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline, or search for deals on hotel aggregator websites like Trivago, Kayak and Hotels.com.
If you know where you want to stay, try doing a search on Google Maps. Just enter the name of the hotel and “near me.” The map will show you all the hotels in the area, as well as how far they are from your current location.
Another option is to check out the hotel’s website directly. Sometimes the hotel will have special deals on its website that you won’t find anywhere else.
How to Compare Rates
Start by finding the hotels in the area you’re looking to stay in. You can use a variety of websites for this, but we recommend Hotels.com because it has a comprehensive list of hotels and also offers a Price Match Guarantee.
Once you have a list of potential hotels, it’s time to compare rates. This is where the Price Match Guarantee comes in—Hotels.com will match the price of any other website for the same hotel, and sometimes you can even get extra discounts by signing up for the Hotels.com Rewards Program.
Now that you know how to compare rates, it’s time to start booking!
Tips for Finding Great Deals
Now that you know how to find a cheap hotel, it’s time to put those skills into practice. Here are a few tips for finding the best deals:
1. Start your search early. Hotels tend to fill up quickly, especially during peak travel times. If you start looking early, you’ll have a better chance of finding a great deal.
2. Check multiple websites. The best deals often can be found on websites like Priceline and Hotwire.
3. Book during the off-season. Hotel prices tend to be higher during the summer and holidays, so try booking in the winter or early spring for the best deals.
4. Look for last-minute deals. Many hotels offer discounts for last-minute bookings.
5. Consider staying in a Hostel or Bed and Breakfast. If you’re not picky about where you stay, consider staying in a Hostel or Bed and Breakfast for cheaper rates.
Avoiding Hidden Fees
When booking your hotel stay, make sure to read the fine print and pay attention to any hidden fees. Many hotels charge extra fees that they don’t tell you about ahead of time, such as daily maid service fees or resort fees. Knowing about them ahead of time can save you money in the long run.
Be careful when you’re reserving a room online, as the listings may not always include all the additional costs. When in doubt, you can always call to double-check what fees are included in the bill. Additionally, some hotels may offer discounts for AAA members or senior citizens, so make sure to inquire about those as well.
Finally, if there’s a cancelation fee associated with your reservation, don’t forget to factor that into your calculations when budgeting for your trip. If cancelation is possible without penalty before you book your trip, you can play it safe by waiting until just before checking-in to book your hotel room!
Questions to Ask Before Booking
Before booking that cheap hotel, you should take the time to ask a few questions to make sure it meets your needs. Here are a few questions you should ask:
– Does the hotel accept credit cards? This is important if you want to pay for your room with your credit card and enjoy any rewards you may receive from it.
– Is free Wi-Fi available? This may not be a necessity for everyone, but if you need to stay connected during your travels, it’s an important factor to keep in mind.
– What amenities does the hotel offer? Are there laundry facilities? Kitchenettes? How about a swimming pool or gym? If these amenities are important in making your stay enjoyable, you’ll need to check that they are available at the hotel before booking.
– Does the hotel have any policies I should know about? Things such as charges for extra people or long stays might not be something you’ve thought of, but can be important factors when considering a budget accommodation.
By taking the time to consider these questions and details prior to booking, you can rest assured knowing that you’ve thought of all the possibilities and made an informed decision in selecting your budget accommodation.
Benefits of Staying at a Cheap Hotel
Staying at a cheap hotel has many advantages. Firstly, you can save money on accommodation and use the funds to explore more of the destination you’re visiting. Secondly, these hotels often provide amenities of larger, more expensive hotels, such as a pool or fitness center. And lastly, you can often find hidden gems at cheaper hotels that are chock full of character and charm.
Another great benefit of finding an affordable hotel is that it will be easier to stay within your budgeted amount. Rather than having to worry about being able to afford pricey accommodations, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that you got a good deal on a place to sleep for the night.
Plus, if the hotel is within walking distance from attractions and other points of interest in the city, then it’ll be easy for you to save on transportation costs as well. All in all, staying at an inexpensive hotel can help to make your dream vacation into reality without breaking the bank!
So, those are our top tips for finding an amazing cheap hotel. By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find a place that’s comfortable, clean, and within your budget.
Don’t forget to read reviews before booking, and to ask around for recommendations. And once you’ve found your perfect cheap hotel, enjoy your stay!